Treatment Options for Norco Withdrawal
The most effective treatment options for Norco withdrawal depend on each unique case. While in medical detox, vitals are checked regularly ensuring no health-related complications are developing. A medical professional checks blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and respiration at least twice a day. If any vitals are irregular they will be addressed accordingly. Otherwise, a combination of over-the-counter medications and non-narcotic sleep aids is used to treat physical discomfort and sleeplessness, and more intensive measures will only be taken if physical or psychological symptoms are particularly severe.
Medications Used for Norco Withdrawal
The medications most commonly used for the treatment of Norco withdrawal include:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers and fever reducers, like acetaminophen and ibuprofen.
- Non-narcotic sleep aids to help alleviate insomnia.
- If a client is simultaneously struggling with underlying mental illness or if the psychological symptoms of withdrawal are particularly severe, an anti-anxiety medication or antidepressant might be prescribed.
- In severe cases of Norco withdrawal, MAT (like buprenorphine or naltrexone) may be utilized — however, MAT is more commonly prescribed during the next stage of addiction treatment (residential rehab, PHP or IOP).
Long-Term Norco Addiction Recovery
At Immersion Recovery Center we break our medical detox program down into three distinct stages: evaluation, stabilization and preparation. Upon admission to our detox program each client undergoes a detailed and in-depth addiction assessment, or evaluation. We ask a series of pertinent questions, including:
- What type of substance/substances were being used, and for how long?
- Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for an underlying mental or physical condition, such as a mental illness or chronic health concern?
- Have you undergone treatment for a substance use disorder in the past?
- What dose of Norco were you taking on a daily basis?
The questions we ask during the initial assessment help our clinical and medical team determine which detox methods are the most appropriate for each unique case. Next, we focus our attention on physical stabilization. Clients are able to relax in their private or semi-private bedrooms, and they have the opportunity to participate in group workshops and behavioral therapy sessions if they are feeling up to doing so. The physical and psychological symptoms of Norco withdrawal are treated as soon as they develop, seeing as our team of licensed medical professionals are available 24-hours a day. Our main priority is making the Norco detox process as comfortable as possible. Once physical stabilization has been achieved, clients make a smooth transition into the next appropriate level of clinical care. In most cases, this means transitioning into a residential inpatient treatment center. At Immersion Recovery Center we offer a multi-staged program of recovery, which includes:
Long-term Norco addiction recovery is possible. With an individualized and effective treatment program in place, even the most severe cases of opioid addiction can be overcome. today to learn more or to get started with our simple and straightforward admissions process.