Ready For Recovery?
Here’s What To Bring
At Immersion Recovery Center we want to make sure our guests feel as prepared as possible before taking the first step on the road to recovery. We understand that you likely have quite a few questions concerning the specifics of the process. Packing for treatment might seem like a particularly overwhelming piece of the puzzle. What should you bring along? What should you leave at home? What happens if you forget something important?
In order to take the guesswork out of the process, we have developed a packing checklist. If you have any additional questions you are welcome to reach out to one of our Treatment Advisors at any point in time.
- Insurance card and/or prescription card.
- Photo ID. We encourage clients to being along their driver’s license or passport if available.
- For Detox
- If doing detox only, you will need at most a week worth of clothing. We suggest comfortable lounge clothes. (Sweats, basketball shorts, etc).
- For Longer Treatment Stays
- A one to two weeks’ worth of clothing. Washers, dryers, and laundry detergent are provided free of charge. We suggest bringing a range of items mostly consisting of comfortable clothing.
- A recreation / exercise outfit is also suggested. Note, the items below are not required, just suggestions:
- Shirts, T-shirts, blouses.
- Long pants, capris, shorts, swimsuit.
- Flip-flops, sneakers, shoes (high heels are not recommended and will not be necessary).
- Socks, underwear.
- Sweatshirt, jacket.
- For Detox
- Toothbrush, toothpaste.
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap.
- Shaving kit or electric razor. You can bring a razor, however, it will be held in the staff office and made available for use whenever needed.
- Prescribed medications
- Please bring all prescribed medications to the facility except controlled substances.
- Contact information for physicians, family members, and other parties that may be involved in your care.
- Cigarettes and tobacco products are allowed.
- A small amount of cash. It is recommended that you bring a small amount of cash with you to treatment. For example — vending machines, vape products, coin-op laundry. We can provide change as necessary.
What We Provide:
- 24/7 medical support.
- Luxury, hotel quality bedding.
- Food & drink.
- Chef prepared meals are provided at the detox & residential levels of care (Phase 1). Once clients enter PHP (Phase 2) they will work with our nutritionist to create and purchase food items to meet their recovery goals and personal tastes. This is a life skills and growth component of our program. Please do not bring any food or beverages with you to any level of care.
- TV & entertainment lounge.
- Regular visits with psychiatric & medical staff.
- Pickup of prescribed medications.
- Transportation to outside local physicians as needed.
- Daily beach, entertainment, recreation and outdoor activities. Recreational activities begin at the residential level of care.
- For clients who use tobacco, we do regular trips to purchase tobacco products on their behalf. Each client pays for the items they request. Smoking cigarettes is permitted. Vapes can be brought to the facility if they are unopened, disposable vapes in their original packaging. Disposable vapes are available for purchase at the facility. Chewing tobacco, dip and pouches can be used with a resealable container to spit into. Nicotine products are allowed in designated areas outside of group and mealtimes. Nicotine cessation options (gum, patches, etc.) are available through the medical department, and will be handed out if and when appropriate. Immersion Recovery Center has a zero tolerance policy for misusing nicotine products, and staff will revoke the use of these products if guidelines are not followed. All nicotine products must be brought to the facility unopened and in their original packaging.
Please Leave the Following Items at Home:
- Large sums of cash.
- Expensive jewelry. Clients are allowed to bring normal everyday jewelry such as a wedding ring.
- Controlled substances of any kind. Even if prescribed, narcotic substances cannot be stored at the facility and will be adequately disposed of upon admission.
- Cellphones, Laptops, iPad and other electronics are prohibited during detox, residential and partial hospitalization (PHP) levels of care. Clients can bring a cell phone with them to treatment — however, all cell phones will be locked in the staff office during treatment hours. When clients enter the Intensive Outpatient (IOP) level of care or are discharge from the facility all electronic items will be returned. These items often present a distraction for clients during their treatment.
- iPod and other MP3 players are allowed so long as they don’t have WiFi or Mobile connectivity.
- Clients will have regular access Immersion Recovery Center phones at no cost during their treatment to speak with family, friends, loved ones or professional contacts.
- Access to cellphones and laptops during detox, residential and PHP will be on an as needed basis. Individuals who require special access to electronics for business or professional reasons can inquire about the Immersion Recovery Center Executive Program.
- Weapons, knives, firearms.
- Pornographic or obscene materials.
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol.
- Personal cleaning products.
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol or violence.
Did we miss something? Please feel free to reach out to one of our Treatment Advisors who can help answer any additional questions you have at (888) 693-1604.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer