Take the First Step
Medically Assisted Valium Detox
Medically Assisted Valium Detox
Are you considering a Valium detox? At Immersion Recovery Center we understand how difficult Valium withdrawal can be. The withdrawal symptoms make quitting hard even when someone desperately wants to stop. The key to overcoming this obstacle is a medically supervised detox where withdrawal symptoms can eased with medication in a comfortable, supportive, homestyle environment. Beyond physical stabilization, detox is also an important time to plan a path forward in recovery. At Immersion Recovery Center we first provide a safe, pain-free detox, then we get to work putting together a plan for long-term sobriety. We perform an in-depth initial evaluation and tailor a treatment plan unique to each client’s needs and recovery goals.
Valium is a prescription sedative most commonly used for the treatment of severe anxiety and sleep-related disorders. It is a brand name version of the commonly used drug diazepam, a habit-forming and highly potent medication that should never be taken other than as prescribed. This specific medication is so highly addictive that a physical and psychological dependence can take hold after several days or weeks of repeated abuse. Individuals who use Valium — even as prescribed by a medical professional — can quickly develop a physical tolerance, and once this tolerance develops they will inevitably experience symptoms of withdrawal as soon as use is abruptly ceased.
For this reason, medically monitored detox is a suggested first step. At Immersion Recovery Center we provide a comprehensive and multi-staged program of individualized treatment which begins with a short-term stay in our medical detox facility. We are dedicated to providing each and every one of our clients with the most-pain free, safe and comfortable Valium detoxification experience possible.
The Scope of Prescription Valium Abuse
According to a recent article, the rates of Valium abuse and addiction have been on the steady incline for the past several years. As of the year 2018, comprehensive data showed that one out of every five Americans who takes Valium and other similar medications ends up abusing the drug they were initially prescribed. Additionally, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse and the 2017 Survey on Drug Use and Health, there were over 271,000 Americans who reported abusing a prescription sedative like Valium for the first time. Clearly Valium abuse has become a major public health concern over the course of the past several years, partially due to over-prescription and partially due to ease of access. Many individuals who begin abusing prescription medications – especially men and women between the ages of 18 and 25 – find unused or expired prescriptions in the medicine cabinets of close friends or family members. If you have been struggling with Valium abuse, Immersion Recovery Center is here to help.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Valium detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Signs & Symptoms
Signs & Symptoms
- Intense psychological drug cravings
- Isolation from loved ones and increased need for privacy
- Repeated attempts to cut down on the amount of Valium being taken or attempting to quit entirely and being unable to do so for any extended period of time
- A loss of interest in activities that were previously enjoyed
- Continued Valium use despite personal consequences
- Problems at home, work or school – and in other areas of life
- Financial and legal issues
- “Doctor shopping,” or attempting to get more than one Valium prescription at a time
- Developing a tolerance for Valium, meaning that a higher dose is needed in order for the same results to be produced
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when Valium use is abruptly stopped
Our Valium Detox Services Include
Signs & Symptoms
Signs & Symptoms
The symptoms associated with Valium (Diazepam) withdrawal typically last for between one and two weeks, depending on the severity of the substance abuse disorder.
Symptoms of Valium Withdrawal:
- Increased blood pressure and increased heart rate
- Profuse sweating
- Intense and persistent headaches
- Muscle spasms and body tremors
- Severe abdominal cramping
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Hypersensitivity to light and sound
- Mood swings, typically characterized by irritability
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Delirium, sometimes including hallucinations
Medical Valium detox is a suggested first step on the road to addiction recovery for several important reasons. Valium withdrawal can be dangerous — even life-threatening — when not constantly overseen by a team of medical professionals. We utilize a wide range of proven Valium detox techniques, including tapering and medication assisted treatment. Additionally, the Valium detox services we provide offer a safe and pain-free withdrawal while actively setting each client up for success in long-term sobriety.
Ready To Begin Your Valium Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Valium addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Valium Detox Services We Provide
The detox and recovery-related services we provide include:
- In-depth clinical and medical assessments – the first of which occurs upon admission and helps us develop a personalized detox treatment plan.
- Case management services – Case managers work closely with clients in developing aftercare plans and serve as the main point of contact for loved ones, keeping them updated on progress and sharing future treatment plans.
- Medication assisted treatment – When it comes to Valium detox, which can be extremely dangerous when left untreated, we often need to prescribe non-narcotic and non-addictive medications to help alleviate the more severe symptoms of withdrawal.
- Medication management – If an individual comes to us with any existing prescriptions, we monitor and manage when these medications are taken.
- Intensive therapeutic care – We offer individual, group and family therapy sessions to all of our clients. Individual therapy sessions take place once a week and allow clients to delve deeper into personal issues in a safe and supportive environment, group therapy sessions take place daily and focus on relapse prevention training and addiction education, and family therapy sessions focus on restoring healthy family functioning and preparing loved ones for the road of recovery ahead.
- Around-the-clock medical care – When it comes to Valium detox, the symptoms of withdrawal can prove to be life-threatening if not effectively treated. For this reason it is absolutely crucial that an individual who has been struggling with Valium addiction enter into a closely monitored medical detox facility.
- A safe and pain-free withdrawal in a comfortable, homestyle retreat setting – Not only does the medical and clinical care we provide ensure a safe withdrawal, but the amenities we offer — from private bedrooms and chef-prepared meals to massage therapy — make for the most comfortable detox possible.
- Aftercare planning – Our clinical team and case managers work together to develop a personalized, long-term aftercare program for each individual client.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Begin The Personal Journey of Healing
Immersion Recovery Center is dedicated to providing the most quality clinical available in South Florida. Our comprehensive program of addiction treatment was carefully developed by a team of medical professionals and addiction specialists with decades of combined experience. We understand how difficult overcoming a Valium addiction can be, and how important it is that any individual who has been grappling with a substance abuse disorder enter into a medical detox program. For this reason, we strive to make our admissions process as simple and stress-free as possible. As soon as you become willing to receive the professional clinical care you deserve, or you’re ready to help a loved one, contact us. Our empathetic and knowledgable Treatment Advisors will conduct a brief, over-the-phone pre-assessment so that we can ensure our program of recovery is an ideal fit. We offer a free, no obligation insurance benefit check and can help make travel arrangements. Recovery is possible at Immersion.