Medically Assisted Adderall Detoxification
Medically Assisted Adderall Detoxification
Adderall is a habit-forming prescription stimulant most commonly used to treat attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other similar psychological conditions. Adderall is an amphetamine, meaning that it works by increasing the norepinephrine and dopamine levels present in the central nervous system, impacting the focus and attention span of the individual who is taking the medication. When taken exactly as prescribed by a medical professional, this prescription stimulant can be extremely beneficial. Unfortunately, its high potential for abuse and ease of access have made Adderall one of the most commonly abused prescription drugs throughout the country.
Young adults and adolescents make up the demographic that abuses this specific prescription medication the most frequently. A recent study published by John Hopkins University found that Adderall abuse was the highest amongst young adults aged 18 to 25. Individuals in this age group most commonly obtain the medication from family members or friends without a medical recommendation or a professionally written prescription. If you have been suffering at the hands of an Adderall abuse disorder of any severity, seeking professional treatment through a medically monitored detox facility is always necessary. Immersion Recovery Center has developed an effective, comprehensive and highly individualized program of Adderall detox, serving men and women of all ages in Southern Florida and all surrounding areas.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Adderall detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Adderall Abuse & Addiction – Signs & Symptoms
Once an individual becomes physically and psychologically dependent on Adderall, he or she might feel unable to process basic information or function cognitively at a basic level unless the drug is present in the system.
Signs and symptoms associated with Adderall abuse include:
- Attempting to cut back on Adderall intake or quit use altogether, but only being able to cut back or quit for a brief period of time until psychological cravings become overwhelming.
- Continuing to take Adderall despite an accumulation of interpersonal consequences, which could include legal issues, financial issues, issues at work or school or problems in relationships.
- Becoming unable to complete menial, day-to-day tasks without the use of Adderall.
- Feeling sluggish or tired unless actively taking Adderall.
- Neglecting personal responsibilities and obligations.
- Spending less time with family and friends and failing to engage in activities that were previously enjoyed.
- Spending an excessive amount of time obtaining, abusing and recovering from the effects of the drug.
- Attempting to obtain more than one prescription at a time by visiting numerous doctors, or “doctor shopping.”
- Attempting to purchase – or steal – prescription stimulants from friends or acquaintances who have a prescription.
- Developing a physical tolerance over time, meaning that more Adderall is required in order for the same effects to be felt.
- Experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms several hours after use is stopped abruptly.
Our Adderall Detox Services Include
Adderall Withdrawal – Signs & Symptoms
While Adderall withdrawal is not typically dangerous and is rarely ever life-threatening, the associated symptoms can be harshly uncomfortable and extremely disruptive when not adequately treated in a medical detox facility. The withdrawal process always differs on a person-to-person basis and relies on a number of factors, including the length of the substance abuse disorder, the amount being taken on a daily basis, the presence of any underlying mental health conditions and the presence of any other chemical substances in the system.
Symptoms most commonly associated with Adderall withdrawal include:
- Depression and feelings of hopelessness
- Mood swings, typically marked by frustration, agitation and irritability
- Disrupted sleep patterns/either sleeping too much or too little
- Lethargy and an extreme lack of energy, making it difficult to do anything at all
- Increased appetite, which could lead to temporary weight gain
- Issues thinking or focusing/difficulty concentrating
- Aches, pains and general physical discomfort
- Significant anxiety, which could potentially lead to panic attacks if left untreated
- Self-criticism, which could spiral into suicidal ideation
When it comes to Adderall withdrawal, the psychological are typically much more severe than the physical symptoms. At Immersion Recovery Center we treat all symptoms as they arise.
Why is Medical Detox Necessary for Adderall Addiction?
Medical detox is a necessary first step on the road to Adderall addiction recovery for numerous reasons. Based on the initial clinical and medical assessment that is conducted upon admission to our detox program program, a combination of effective detox techniques is employed. In many cases, Medication Assisted Treatment is necessary. The medications our team of prescribing physicians commonly utilize to treat symptoms associated with Adderall withdrawal include:
- Non-narcotic sleep medications
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Safe over-the-counter pain medications
At Immersion Recovery Center we provide our clients with a fully stocked kitchen and daily chef-prepared meals. In many instances, individuals who have been abusing Adderall for an extended period of time come to us suffering from malnourishment. This prescription stimulant is an appetite suppressant, and weight loss is a very common symptom of Adderall abuse. Having nutritious snacks and meals available throughout the day is extremely important to the healing process.
Ready To Begin Your Adderall Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Adderall addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Adderall Addiction Recovery Services Provided by Immersion Recovery Center
We believe that in order for any medical detox program to be truly effective, it must offer integrated treatment – meaning that the physical, psychological and emotional consequences of active addiction are addressed simultaneously. At Immersion Recovery Center we provide our clients with a wide range of effective medical detoxification methods as well as therapeutic and holistic treatment services.
The services we provide include:
- Initial clinical and medical assessment – Upon admission to our program, each client undergoes an in-depth evaluation which helps our clinical team determine which detox methods are going to be the most effective for each unique case.
- Case management services – Each client is assigned a case manager, who helps walk them through the early recovery process while offering additional support and helping develop an individualized aftercare program before medical detoxification is complete.
- Individual, group and family therapy sessions – We believe that therapeutic intervention should begin as soon as medical detox. We offer individual therapy sessions at least once a week, group therapy sessions on a daily basis and family therapy sessions for loved ones that live in Southern Florida and are interested in participating in the early recovery process.
- Medication Assisted Treatment – As previously mentioned, we often utilize antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, over-the-counter pain medications and non-narcotic sleep aids to treat symptoms associated with Adderall withdrawal.
- Around-the-clock medical care – Clients have access to professional care 24 hours a day.
- Addiction recovery groups – Clients have the option to participate in groups that focus on recovery-related topics like relapse prevention training, the disease model of addiction and a thorough 12 step program introduction.
- Unmatched amenities – We believe that a comfortable environment is conducive to long-term healing. We provide our clients with private, expertly decorated bedrooms, comfortable common areas and a fully stocked kitchen as well as daily chef-prepared meals.
- In-depth aftercare planning – It is important that each client transfers into a higher level of clinical care upon completing our medical detox program – detox is only the very first step of the lifelong journey of addiction recovery.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Begin The Personal Journey of Healing
If you have been suffering at the hands of an Adderall abuse disorder of any severity, we are available to help. We have developed a simple and stress-free admissions process geared towards making receiving the care you need as straightforward as possible. Simply give us a call and our Treatment Advisors quickly conduct an over-the-phone pre-assessment and a no obligation insurance benefit check. If you are currently insured through any major regional or national provider, there is a good chance that all of our detox services are covered. Once the financial details are smoothed out, we set to work developing travel plans and setting a date and time for intake. For more information on our unique and highly effective Adderall detox program give us a call today, we are available to help 24/7 call (888) 693-1604 now.