Focused Medical Detox Services
The initial step on every journey of addiction recovery is admission to a medically assisted detoxification center. Those who have been abusing drugs or alcohol for any period of time almost always undergo some degree of withdrawal upon abrupt cessation of use. More often than not, the symptoms of withdrawal will lead a person back to substance use before the detoxification process is over. This is part of the reason why entering into an inpatient detox program is so important. At Immersion Recovery Center we provide a comprehensive detox program; one that focuses on more than a safe, pain-free drug and alcohol withdrawal. In addition to providing around the clock medical care, we actively prepare our clients for the next appropriate stage of their personal recovery journeys. During Kratom detox, we conduct an individualized, in-depth evaluation, which helps us determine the length of our clients stay, what kind of medical intervention is necessary, and the next step for each client once they become physically stabilized.
If you or someone you love has been suffering from a Kratom use disorder, detox is an important initial step, and we are available to help. At Immersion Recovery Center we effectively treat the physical and psychological symptoms associated with Norco withdrawal, making the entire detox process as comfortable as possible from start to finish. We utilize a combination of evidence-based medications, therapeutic practices and holistic treatment methods to provide the most integrated and effective care available. To learn more about our program of Kratom detox or to learn more about our multi-staged addiction treatment program as a whole, contact us today.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is a psychotropic substance, naturally derived from the leaves of a tropical tree native to Southeast Asia. Because Kratom is not illegal, it is relatively easy to obtain, and can be purchased online or from gas stations or convenience stores. People can take Kratom orally in a pill or capsule, brew a tea made from dried or powdered Kratom leaves, or smoke the leaves, sometimes combining them with another substance like tobacco or marijuana. The National Institute on Drug Abuse states, “Kratom can cause effects similar to both opioids and stimulants. Two compounds in kratom leaves, mitragynine and 7-α-hydroxymitragynine, interact with opioid receptors in the brain, producing sedation, pleasure, and decreased pain, especially when users consume large amounts of the plant. Mitragynine also interacts with other receptor systems in the brain to produce stimulant effects. When kratom is taken in small amounts, users report increased energy, sociability, and alertness instead of sedation. However, kratom can also cause uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous side effects.”
People who use Kratom recreationally report a wide range of potential side effects, including nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, itchy skin, profuse sweating, dry mouth, hallucinations and seizures. In recent years, some people have turned to Kratom as an herbal, naturally occurring alternative to medication like Suboxone and Methadone, which are used to treat severe cases of opioid addiction. However, it is important to keep in mind that Kratom is addictive in and of itself.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Is Kratom Addictive?
Like other psychoactive chemical substances, Kratom can lead to physical and psychological dependence. Because the substance is naturally derived and easily accessible, many adolescents and young adults mistakenly believe it is entirely safe to use. But when taken regularly and for a long period of time, Kratom use can result in the development of a diagnosable substance use disorder.
Signs & Symptoms of Kratom Addiction
If you believe you or someone you love has been suffering from a diagnosable Kratom use disorder, there are several signs and symptoms to keep an eye out for. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-V) outlines a list of diagnostic criteria used to identify the presence of a Kratom use disorder. If you answer “yes” to two or more of the following questions, seeking professional help from a medical detox center is likely a good idea.
- Do you sometimes end up using more Kratom than you originally intended, or do you use Kratom more frequently than you intend to?
- Have you wanted to cut back on your dose or quit entirely, only to find you were unable to do so for any significant period of time?
- Do you spend a significant amount of time obtaining Kratom, using Kratom and recovering from its effects?
- Do you often think of using Kratom/do you ever experience intense cravings?
- Has your drug use interfered with your ability to fulfill personal obligations or negatively impacted your performance at work or at school?
- Have you experienced interpersonal problems as a direct result of your Kratom use?
- Have you given up activities which were once interesting or important to you in order to engage in Kratom use?
- Have you been engaging in risk-taking activities more often than normal, like driving while under the influence of Kratom or combining Kratom with other substances like alcohol or opioid narcotics?
- Do you continue to use Kratom despite physical or psychological health concerns directly related to the prescription medication?
- Have you developed a physical tolerance, meaning a higher dose is required in order for the desired effects to be achieved?
- Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when Kratom use is stopped abruptly?
Our Drug & Alcohol Treatment Services Include
Kratom Withdrawal Signs & Symptoms
The symptoms of Kratom withdrawal are similar to the symptoms of opioid withdrawal. The physical symptoms are usually managed easily with over-the-counter medications and bed rest, though the psychological symptoms might prove to be slightly more difficult to manage.
The severity and duration of withdrawal symptoms depend on several factors, including:
- How much Kratom was being taken on a daily basis.
- Whether or not Kratom was being combined with another chemical substance.
- Your age, weight and gender.
- Whether or not you have previously been diagnosed with an underlying mental illness.
- The length of time you have been using Kratom.
Anyone who has been using Kratom for longer than one or two weeks will experience a combination of physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms when use is stopped suddenly.
The Physical Symptoms of Kratom Withdrawal
The most common physical symptoms associated with Kratom withdrawal include:
- Muscle aches and pains
- Stomach cramping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms, including watery eyes, runny nose, night sweats and chills
- Excessive yawning
- Restlessness/an inability to sit still
- Fatigue and excessive tiredness
- Profuse sweating/night sweats
- Hot flashes
The Psychological Symptoms of Kratom Withdrawal
The most common psychological symptoms associated with Kratom withdrawal include:
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Depressed mood
- Suicidal ideation
- Intense drug cravings
- Insomnia and other sleep-related issues
Kratom Withdrawal Timeline
Symptoms of Kratom withdrawal depend heavily on how much of the substance you were taking regularly and for how long. In most cases, the symptoms associated with Kratom withdrawal begin to develop within 12 hours of the final dose. The substance is flushed out of the system fairly quickly, and in most cases symptoms completely resolve within three days. If a Kratom use disorder was particularly severe, it can take up to 10 days for symptoms to resolve completely.
Is Kratom Detox Always Necessary?
If you have only been using Kratom for a short period of time, you might be tempted to detox at home. While Kratom withdrawal symptoms are rarely dangerous, it is always a good idea to enter an inpatient detox program as a precautionary first step on the road to long-term recovery. There are many benefits of inpatient detox beyond physical stabilization and a safe, pain-free withdrawal. These benefits are:
- You have access to the best medical and clinical care in the country.
- You are able to relax in a safe and secure facility, which decreases the risk of relapse significantly.
- You are able to work directly with a case manager, who helps you map out an individualized aftercare plan.
- You are introduced to addiction therapy and a range of additional addiction treatment services, like dual diagnosis treatment options and relapse prevention training.
Entering into a medical detox program is a particularly good idea if you were using multiple substances simultaneously, or if you have an underlying mental illness. To learn more about Immersion Recovery Center and our integrated program of Kratom addiction recovery, contact us today.
Treatment Options for Kratom Withdrawal
The best treatment options for Kratom withdrawal depend on your unique needs and personal background. In most cases, a combination of over-the-counter pain relievers and non-narcotic sleep aids are the most effective when it comes to treating symptoms of withdrawal. As far as longer term treatment options, it is recommended those with a primary Kratom addiction enter into a residential treatment program or an intensive outpatient program, where they will undergo intensive behavioral therapy and learn how to successfully avoid future relapse. Because Kratom addiction affects everyone differently, it is important to seek individualized counseling before determining which level of care is right for you. Contact us today to learn more.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Treatment?
Let Us Help Your Family Heal
Our family therapy program is second to none.
Learn how we can help your family by calling a Treatment Advisor now.
Long-Term Kratom Addiction Recovery
At Immersion Recovery Center we break our medical detox program down into three distinct stages: evaluation, stabilization and preparation. Upon admission to our detox program each client undergoes a detailed and in-depth addiction assessment, or evaluation. We ask a series of pertinent questions, including:
- What type of substance/substances were being used, and for how long?
- Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for an underlying mental or physical condition, such as a mental illness or chronic health concern?
- Have you undergone treatment for a substance use disorder in the past?
- How much Kratom were you consuming on a daily basis?
The questions we ask during the initial assessment help our clinical and medical team determine which detox methods are the most appropriate for each unique case. Next, we focus our attention on physical stabilization. Clients are able to relax in their private or semi-private bedrooms, and they have the opportunity to participate in group workshops and behavioral therapy sessions if they are feeling up to doing so. The physical and psychological symptoms of Kratom withdrawal are treated as soon as they develop, seeing as our team of licensed medical professionals are available 24-hours a day. Our main priority is making the Kratom detox process as comfortable as possible. Once physical stabilization has been achieved, clients make a smooth transition into the next appropriate level of clinical care. In most cases, this means transitioning into a residential inpatient treatment center.
At Immersion Recovery Center we offer a multi-staged program of recovery, which includes:
- Medically monitored detox
- Residential inpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP)
Long-term Kratom addiction recovery is possible. With an individualized and effective treatment program in place, even the most severe cases of addiction can be overcome. Contact us today to learn more or to get started with our simple and straightforward admissions process.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Contact Us Today to Get Started
Immersion Recovery Center provides a licensed, individualized and integrated detox program to people of all ages who have been struggling with addictive disorders of all types and severities. We offer a step-down curriculum of clinical care, designed to help our clients make a smooth and seamless transition from medical detox into the next level of care, and eventually back into independent living. We understand how difficult it might seem to choose the best drug and alcohol detox in Florida for your unique personal needs. Fortunately, we are available to help make the decision easier. The moment you contact us, either directly through our website or over the phone, you are put in touch with one of our experienced and compassionate Treatment Advisors. They ask a short series of questions, ultimately helping you determine which level of care is the most appropriate for your unique case. If we believe our program is a good fit we conduct a free, no obligation insurance benefit check and facilitate local travel to our Delray Beach, Florida treatment center. Contact us today to begin.