At Immersion Recovery, we help clients of all ages traverse these muddy waters and seek answers to difficult—but essential—questions.
Q: How do I know if it’s time to end a relationship?
A: Knowing when to let go of a relationship isn’t always easy, but if you’re being 100 percent honest with yourself, you’ll recognize warning signs like these:
- Your friend is not supportive of your sobriety.
- They prod you to reminisce about the “old days” or talk about partying, drugs or alcohol use.
- They belittle your accomplishments and make you doubt yourself.
- They question your reasons for getting sober—or challenge your ability to abstain from substance use.
- They regularly invite you to events or activities that could trigger a relapse.