Addiction and substance abuse are major problems in the US, but a survey conducted by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration concluded that up to 90% of people who need treatment in a rehabilitation facility do not receive it. Access to these services is absolutely critical, as 40-60% of people with addictions recover when they are able to receive treatment.
Although seeking treatment is the right thing to do, one of the major concerns for people is the cost of care. The good news is that many health plans offer some degree of coverage for substance abuse and addiction treatment.
If you’re one of the 73 million people served by an Anthem health plan in the US, you are in luck. Anthem and its affiliated health plans have a large network of providers located across the US, so finding recovery options that accept your insurance shouldn’t be too difficult.
Anthem Insurance and Addiction Treatment at Immersion Recovery Center
Anthem recognizes that long-term sobriety can be achieved and that the key to early success is receiving proper treatment in a supportive, healthy environment. Anthem’s behavioral health and substance abuse services are designed to address the complete spectrum of health for members. Anthem’s behavioral health coverage covers both direct addiction treatment services, such as detoxification, and treatment for the mental health disorders that often co-occur with addiction. These mental health disorders can include anxiety, depression, personality disorders, and mood disorders.
Anthem’s health plans usually cover the following services related to substance abuse and addiction treatment:
- Acute inpatient and partial hospitalization
- Detoxification and other treatments in a residential setting
- Intensive outpatient and outpatient treatment
- Access to Care Managers who can help connect you with the addiction and behavioral health resources you need
How Can I Learn More About Insurance Coverage for Immersion Recovery Services?
Making the decision to seek treatment for substance abuse and addiction is a brave one. The journey is difficult, but it’s one of the most rewarding experiences you or your loved one will ever have in your life. You’ll want to make sure you have a full understanding of the cost of care before you commit to Immersion Recovery, however, so you don’t have to deal with the stress of unanticipated costs after or during treatment. Review the list of questions below to make sure to you get all the information you need when communicating with our insurance specialist team:
- Discuss the particulars of what levels of addiction treatment are and are not covered. Don’t forget to ask about assessment, detoxification services, treatment settings, and related hospital coverage.
- Clarify what your in- and out-of-network provider options are and determine what percentage of care cost is covered for each type of service.
- Discuss your cost-sharing responsibilities, including co-pays, deductibles, and maximum out-of-pocket expenses.
For more information regarding Immersion Recovery services covered by Anthem coverage, please contact us online or call us at 877.378.0280.
“Thank You Immersion”
“Immersion Recovery presented me with solutions that I have been looking for ever since my struggle with addiction. I have been through some of the most premier treatment centers this country has to offer, yet was never able to maintain long term sobriety. I was hopeless, unemployable, and riddled with insecurity when I arrived at Immersion Recovery.”